Sunday, October 02, 2005

Shave it bald and start fresh

It's too often that I get frustrated with my hair. For one thing, I don't have the time or patience to run to the shop every other week. In a day & age where hair stylists schedule 5 people at one time, then another 3 people on the next half hour, I've given up on shops.

Plus, in a shop, you walk in and people gawk at you like they've never seen another human being before, then you spend the rest of the DAY (because that's how long you'll be there) trying to avoid eye contact with these people. You know how when you're looking at someone and you make eye contact, you're supposed to look away? Well, these chicks (& grown women) don't.
Then your ears are bleeding because you're hearing a language beyond slang. It's just downright incorrect english: liked = like-ded, seen = seent, and God knows what else.

ANYway...

I'd perm my own hair, color my own hair...switch up from wearing tracks to a ponytail to a wig or two. Well, I recently got my hair done in the shop, super early, for a wedding. I got a relaxer and a good conditioning. I've worn my own hair for the past few weeks. I don't want to weave it just yet...I want my hair to be able to breathe and be comfortable. However, I find myself curling it every morning. So now, I'm back to the drawing board. I want to cut my hair--no, I want to SHAVE my hair and start anew. I've cut my hair short before, but it's hell growing it back. Mine will get to this one point, then stop growing and that starts my level of frustration.

Well, I put some color in it 2 weeks ago. I can't stand going too long without some hair color. Another damaging enemy to my hair, but hell, what can you do?

So, either I'll pull it out from frustration, it'll fall out due to damaging agents (hair glue, curling irons, dryer, relaxer, color) or I'll take the clippers and shave it off myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! I used to wear hair weaves often but like you said it breaks the hair. I know going to the hair dresser can take a whole day like you're going to a job but try another shop where heifers can speak proper and they dont run on CP time.

I've been going every sat morning and it does wonders for my hair, dont worry your hair can be restored from the damage mines is well on its way.

You have to train your hair to get a desired look I know you may get tired and want to color and make a change just be patient. It worked for me please dont start over and stay away from the color, One day I got the bright idea to color my hair myself well actually Hi-Lite it , talk about damage just cut it and keep going to a better shop. Try blow drying and wrapping your hair every night im sure you'll see some improvement.

Plus wrapping it cuts down on the daily heat. Hope this gives you some ideas.
Your Girl
Terri