Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Got me workin workin day & night

I feel like I've been beat with a blunt object.

Do I work outdoors? No.
Do I work in a factory? No.

I work in an OFFICE with frequent deadlines.



My job is exciting because of this, but as this season has picked up, my inboxes look like grizzly monsters have settled in and I spend 11-12 hours of my day there.
I'm a food & beverage revenue auditor for a prestigous club and I reconcile the daily f & b sales, then compute the gratuities for the waitstaff and turn them in weekly. My deadline is Wednesday, so Monday & Tuesday, I'm swamped. I'm pretty much a bitch those days, because I'm on edge and don't want to be disturbed. Once I've turned in my work, I have 1/2 of Weds and all of Thurs to do my end-of-the-week duties/reports, then get back into the swing of things for the next week. I'm the only one in my dept that does my job, so my inbox is nonstop.
I'm not complaining, but man, am I tired. My neck & back hurts, from holding my head down, in my work all day, and I'm exhausted when I come home from work. I can count the number of hours I spend in my home, on my hand.

Monday, my immediate supervisor asked me why I had overtime last week. I almost cursed at her. I just looked at my desk and asked (jokingly), "Do you see all of this?" She understood and *remembered* how busy it's been and how busy it's going to be.
I mean, did she forget the influx of business we get around this time of the year? Did she forget I had a weekly deadline? Did she forget why she hired me? Because I'm capable of meeting my deadlines and doing what I have to do to provide accurate reports and information at the time they are due?
I could go on & on (this IS a blog, isn't it?), but I digress...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh sweetie...
I bet its good to let it all out....
You re a hard working young ladie and should be very proud of your self.
Im proud of you... and remember its not always gonna be this way :)
Love you

LibraGurl said...

Thanks girlie! ~smooches!~