Saturday, October 08, 2005

No More Technical Difficulties...

I can't wait for the Alicia Keys Unplugged cd to drop. I'm really diggin the song, "Unbreakable" and I love it when MTV Jams plays the entire "Unplugged" set with Alicia doing her thing. Her performance is amazing and I'm glad I got to see her live on the Diary Tour. Who could ask for anything else? Alicia AND John Legend in one show! JL is a whole 'nother subject, I can go on for days, so I shall digress here.

ANYhoo, I've been listening to "Diary" a lot lately. It's so soothing while at work, dealing with the daily b.s. of the working world. I can't think about Ms. Alicia without thinking about her #1 fan, Ivana, from Norway.



First of all, how amazing is it that music can bring people together all over the globe?? I met Ivana through a John Legend messageboard and we've been friends ever since. All the way in Norway, with today's technology, it feels like she's right next door in the house next to mine.

She listened to me boohoo about some things, she's listened to me rant about some things, she sends me the BEST chocolate from Norway, she's sent me some really G.O.O.D. music, she's been so thoughtful, caring and sisterly and I just want to tell her THANK YOU for being you!

Ivana, this one's for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh my goodness, Nikki, you re making me cry girl...
Wow, thank you so much!!!!
Do you have any idea.... wow, I can only say one thing, This magic that we call music....
THE POWER OF MUSIC!
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, and happy Birthday in advance...
Love&Keys, -I-