Friday, October 28, 2005

It's been a minute...

Okay, I know it's been a minute, but hell, I've been tired & busy.

Considering I have nothing else to do tonight, I might as well get caught up in the online world of blogging. Last weekend, I went to Chicago to kick it with my girls. Let me backtrack. Thanks to the wonderful music of John Legend, I happened upon the flyest, FIRST Unofficial John Legend Fansite, www.johnthelegend.com. Via that site, I encountered the messageboard and met some amazing women, who just like me, enjoy John's music, performances, his band, etc. The site is maintained by Nikki Noble, an amazing chick from Chicago whose creativity and computer savvy has knocked on the doors of some of hip hop and R&B's heavy hitters and up & coming. In June of this year, I attended the very first Chicago/Midwest Meetup and met who are now, my friends. Well, I went to the Chi again for the weekend to kick it with them and have a messageboard Meetup outing. It was a good time...check out the pictures:







We also spent some time with poet, J. Ivy, who was featured on Kanye West's "College Dropout" and John Legend's "Live from the Knitting Factory" and his wife, singer, Tarrey Torae, who was featured on John Legend's "Live it Up" and various Kanye West tracks. Check out their sites www.jtoraeday.com, www.tarreytorae.com and www.izntitivyous.com



Overall, it was a good weekend. Bigg upps to my girl, Adjoa
for the hospitality and bigg upps to my girl, Nikki

for creating such an outlet for all of this to take place. Last, but not least, bigg up to Jessica-Lashawn
for being Jessica-Lashawn. And bigg upp to Sergio & Sandria
for coming out to chill this weekend, as well!

And they say Chi city!



I had some bomb Key Lime Cheesecake from the infamous Cheescake Factory.



and some Harold's Chicken
I didn't get the full Harold's experience because I didn't get the sauce. I just don't do sauces & shit on my chicken...not even hot sauce. Yeah, I said it.

So yeah, that was last weekend in Chicago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Pictures sweetie.
Wish I was there too....
I hope you ve got my email about me coming home and all... :)
Hope to talk to you soon.
Muuuuuuch love,
Ivana