Monday, March 24, 2008

Thank You for Not Smoking...and Talking to Me




People still don't understand that they're not going to get any conversation out of me first thing in the morning. I get to work early to avoid having to speak to a million and one people in the office. I sneak in (because there's likely someone in the back of the office who always wants measley chit-chat) and then I organize my desk, check email, type up blog posts, check my Myspace, check my banking, etc while nobody's here to disturb me. Then, when the office wakes up, more people are coming in, talking, asking annoying questions like "How was your weekend?" (OKay, that was evil of me, LOL), but when you jusssst start your work for the day and you're kind of into it, you don't really feel like pausing your progress & productivity to answer such questions and pretend that you care to know how their weekends went.




Why must I feel like throwing up when someone who reeks of stale cigarette smoke and dirty hair stands near me? It's a foul stench that just overtakes the air and puts me in a chokehold. I won't get into too much about that, but the previous two sentences sums up the torture.

My PLAN is to be productive today. Let's see how that goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do the exact same move... you should see me every morning racing to work like a speed demon to avoid these clucking fucking hens... yeah I'm an asshole