Sunday, February 10, 2008

Nigglature in Motion



I ate lunch with Telma Hopkins!

Okay, not really. It was a day in which we were served hot bowls of "nothing good" at work, so my co-worker & I decided to go for a chilly walk up the street to Hunter House in Harmonie Park. She had a taste for their sliders and I wanted their turkey burger. Before we left, she leaned over and asked if I thought the lady in the corner booth was that woman from Family Matters... she couldn't think of her name, but for whatever reason, I blurted out "Telma Hopkins? The other lady in Tony Orlando & Dawn?"





Sure enough, after listening to the voice, the woman with the bandana doo-rag on her head, and track suit, was in fact, Telma Hopkins of Family Matters, Gimme a Break and Tony Orlando & Dawn, and most recently, Half & Half fame. We then wondered what she was doing in town. After returning to work, I googled some things and found out that she was actually raised in Detroit, by her grandmother. But that's not why she was here.


You all know of those plays that start out with, "Mama, I wanna _____________"
It could be "Mama, I wanna sing!" or "Mama, I wanna act" or something. Or it could be one of those Je'Caryous Johnson plays or a Tyler Perry play, anything typical of a "chitlin circuit" tour... Well, the latest one is Rumors with George Wilbourne, LeToya Luckett, and Telma Hopkins.




Eh, I don't know what it's about, but you can check out the link above for info on it, if you please.

No comments: