Sunday, February 10, 2008

Drink Up!




So, like I mentioned in the post below, my friends & I have been experimenting with various drink recipes. I think we're going to make it a habit to venture out and try different drink concoctions. Our latest adventure has been to perfect the Bomb Pop.
It's really simple and it tastes and looks JUST like a bomb pop. Well, our color order may be off, but dammit, you get the point.

1. Take a tall glass and fill with ice.
2. Add ONE (tall) shot of UV Blue Vodka
3. Fill the rest of glass with Lemonade
4. Top off with a touch of grenadine (red, of course)

The grenadine actually sinks to the bottom, but the presentation is still beautiful and it tastes perfect.


After falling in love with this wild berry martini at a martini bar outing this weekend, we are currently trying to perfect the drink. Between 2 of us, we tried to remember the contents that we read on the menu. We think it's Strawberry dacquiri mix, blueberry vodka, cranberry juice and maybe Sprite. It's really best to blend the items and make it slushy, otherwise the dacquiri mix will kill you with it's sugary goodness. SO, we threw the items together in a tall glass, tossed it in the blender and voila! We concocted the drink to the best of our ability. We'll play around with it some more, though, to perfect it.

Do you have any drink suggestions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MOJITOS Homes!!


You can buy the mix add sprite or tonic, sugar mint leaves Rum

Heaven!

LibraGurl said...

I've always been on the fence about Mojitos... I'm not sure I agree with the mint idea. I need to try a really good one to make another opinion.

LibraGurl said...

Okay, so I did have a mojito night last night. I bought some mojito mixer and served it up with some rum & mojito rimmer. Turned out pretty good, but it was tarrrrt!

Anonymous said...

Homes but you need SUGAR??
or mix it with sprite instead of basic tonic!