Saturday, August 26, 2006

Sassy Saturdays

I swear I posted something yesterday. I guess it didn't go through because Blogger was on its period at the time. Figures.

Anyway, I saw Idlewild last night.

It was decent. You have to have an open imagination when you go see it. It blends eras, music, visuals and acting. You have talent such as Terrance Howard, Ben Vereen and Ving Rhames, then you have mediocre acting talent such as Big Boi. Yeah, I said it. He's no thespian, that's for sure. Andre was okay...I'll give him a little more credit since he has more acting experience under his belt. Macy Gray usually does a good job playing drunk. Actually, that's how she "acts" most times she's on tv for some reason or another, anyway.
You have to keep in mind that the movie was directed by Bryan Barber, so the cinemetography was...interesting. Actually, the cinemetography was innovative and nice. But there were other strange things that might remind you of their video for "Ms Jackson" and "Morris Brown". I mean, it was entertaining...as is their videos. It was typical OutKast.

I don't really have much else planned for the weekend. I trimmed our privacy fence this morning and cut away weeds, etc that come through the fence from the neighbor's yard. I now, have welts and scratches on my arms from the top of the fence. Since they obviously don't know the first thing about lawn care, I stood in a chair and leaned over the fence to cut some tall, tree-like weeds down. It's so nice out (not too hot) and I want to do something outside. I haven't seen my Goddaughter much at all this summer, so I called my cousin and suggested we go to the zoo. I know it's last minute, and she was even willing to go, but they close at 5 today and she & the kids had some other running around to do first, so I don't think we're going to make that at all. SHe said maybe we could do something else, but other than that, I can't think of anything else that I'd want to do with 3 kids, so I think the opportunity has passed. There's only so many times you can go to Chuck E. Cheese and I'm not trying to do that today when it's so nice out.

So maybe I'll get caught up with magazines today (Essence, VIbe)

1 comment:

Julia_Claudine_Deveraux said...

I thought this was a pretty good film too.