Friday, August 18, 2006

On the Jungle Floor with Van Hunt

I should have blogged about this a long time ago. Earlier in the spring, on Mother's Day, to be exact, I went to see Van Hunt live. I had been anticipating the show since I've been a supporter of his ever since his debut. BOTH his CDs, and are items that all fans of the real soul music should have in their possession. According to Van, though, he makes pop music more than soul. Go figure. Needless to say, the show was a hell of an experience. If you haven't been to a Van Hunt show, you need to make it your business to be there.

I had the pleasure of Interviewing Van for BrownGurl Magazine

Here are some pictures from the show:


















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i saw him in atl. good performance. which cd of his do you like best?

-da real

LibraGurl said...

I'm so torn! Each one provides full coverage of his musical ability. I would choose his first one, though, over his 2nd. I like the smoother sounding Van over the Rock Van.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nik !
I loved your article, and it made me love Van even more(I personally didn't think it was possible).Both his CD's stay on rotation all the time.
-Carolina Gul

LibraGurl said...

Thanks Carolina!

He was a fun person to talk to!

Julia_Claudine_Deveraux said...

Gurl you know I love Van Hunt!!! The brotha has been in the industry for quite some time and it's nice to see him get a little shine...even if commercial radio doesn't play him, his name is at least spoken in the knowing circles.