Tuesday, February 27, 2007

MENopause



You know how when you run, walk fast, walk up stairs, or any movement in which you over-exert yourself, you breathe heavier, your body warms up, your heart rate is higher, etc. But once you slow down and relax, that all changes. You calm down, you cool off, your heart rate goes back to a normal pace. Well, every morning, a man in my office, who takes the stairs everywhere he goes, comes in as if he's had 10 cups of coffee and he's warm. He opens his office door, which does have computers & such in it, so they have probably generated heat, but while he still has his coat on, he comes out front to adjust the thermostat. I might as well keep on my fucking coat. It's FEBRUARY, about to be MARCH, in Michigan, so it's cold no matter what. The engineers in this building act like they don't know what heat is, so it's constantly cool, which is fine...but now, it's COLD. While I'm only 28, sometimes, I DO have hot flashes, but dammit, I'm not menopausal. And I'm not the only one who's cold throughout the day. My co-worker on the other side of my cube is constantly cold and she wears a big sweater. As a matter of fact, let me put my sweater on. But midday, I swear, my fingers are going to be so cold that I can't even type. He's not even IN the office the whole day. He's in & out and we have to suffer the cold. That's okay...when the lady that sits at the front desk goes to lunch or steps away from her desk, I'm changing the thermostat back, dammit.

1 comment:

Paula D. said...

Haaaaaa! In my office I damn near have to wear gloves to stay warm!