Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Did You Have a Good Weekend?

"Yes and you?"

That's usually how Mondays...or in this case, Tuesday mornings are after the weekend. People around here ask the yes/no question of "Did you have a good weekend?" and I reply "yes and you?" although, I really don't care. My ass is just not chipper in the morning. Actually, I'm ANTI-MORNING. I don't come in singing "Good Morning" and kicking my heels. I slide in quietly, hoping to not say much to anybody until well after NOON. I sit quietly at my desk (which is around a corner, fully cubed off) hoping people don't even notice I'm here. I tense up when I hear certain footsteps or voices approaching my cube. Yes, it's that bad. (Pray for me). I'm fully awake and up & at em by 5pm, when it's time to LEAVE. Other than that, I need folks to kick rocks. Now, there ARE a couple people I don't mind chatting with throughout the day. They're cool peeps...but other than that, beat it!
Also, must people be so loud in the office? If you're trying to be funny by being loud and "extra", but nobody is finding it funny, then you should probably lay off before you get cursed out.
Here is my ode to the office cube:




Enough about offices... for anyone who cares, I did have a good weekend.

Friday, I went to a step show to kick off the Detroit Football Classic weekend. Saturday, I went Targeting and Sam's Clubbing. It was damp and ugly Saturday, so that's pretty much all I did. Sunday, I went to Arts, Beats & Eats for some jazz and good eats. Monday, I went to the Detroit Jazz Festival and had a heavenly Funnel Cake.

So that is the recap of my weekend.



Argh.

13 comments:

Julia_Claudine_Deveraux said...

OMG Nik... you are truly my sis from another mother. Everything you said I cosign on! There's one woman here who comes into the office loud as hell, when she's on calls and something is funny...she stomps her feet on floor really hard, just old and ghetto as hell, and wonders why she's not getting the promotions she wants. I just want to be left alone, I hate being bombarded with idle chatter early in the AM.

Anonymous said...

I'm a receptionist so I say that. But I could give a rat's left tittie how ya weekend was

-JaySpice

Jomama said...

Hey. I just saw your comment on my blog and the nice comment you left me in the C&D comments. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the internet.

I always respond to polite questions by asking the same to them just because it would be rude not to. But for the most part I could care less and I'm pretty sure they could care less either since they don't even listen when I reply and ask them the question. I would much rather people just quit with the idle chat. A smile will suffice.

Sorry that was so long, but idle chat is definitely one of my pet peeves. I hate feeling obligated to talk to someone to keep me from looking like a bitch or stuck up.

Anonymous said...

tired of comments like "May I see you for a moment? " or buy antibiotics online. Then write to me at icq 75949683256...

Anonymous said...

I think yes.

Anonymous said...

Not at all! You are welcome!
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:buy levitra professional online gwj

Anonymous said...

hi there people. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking as far as something that exact make. The prices as regards the sneakers are approximately 230 bucks on every site. But for all I bring about this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

…and so on.
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:order lipitor ljtpw
lexapro 10mg irmbf

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon people. I'm honestly into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that exact make. The prices for the shoes were approximately 230 dollars on every page. But for all I set this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hi dudes. I'm really into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the boots were approximately 330 dollars everwhere. But definitively I bring about this locate selling them for half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hi there ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices for the velcros are about 170 dollars on every page. But definitively I set this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

I love welcometomyseason.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards